Our Philosophy - Music Lessons
At Creative Music & Entertainment, we believe that all students who are taking music lessons should enjoy what they are doing. We feel that no one is too young or too old to begin learning music.
Lessons are very informal and relaxed to create an environment of collaboration between the teacher and the student. Music is the passion of our teachers, and they enjoy sharing it with their students.
Because we believe that music should be available to as many people as possible, we keep our prices low enough for all to afford them.
Half-Hour Lesson $20/lesson
45-Minute Lesson $30/lesson
60-Minute Lesson $38/lesson
(Buy in bulk "package deals" available with savings)
Group Lesson (Half-hour) $13/person
Instrument Rentals $8/week
(Guitar, ukulele, keyboard, flute, clarinet)
There is a one-time registration fee of $25 due by the 2nd lesson by cash or credit card.
Greenbrier (1819 Engle Ave) in Chesapeake, call Chris Pickett at 757.236.2609
You will be set up with an instructor and given a time to begin lessons that agrees with both of your schedules.
What to Expect In Your First Lesson
1. Meeting your instructor and having fun - Parents are welcome to sit in on every lesson!
2. Playing music or singing! That’s right - you’re not going to get a lecture or just talk - we are about MUSIC! A positive learning environment! We are not a musty, old studio store. We care about you first and making you feel relaxed!
3. Receiving your first music material! You may need to purchase a book from your instructor at the cost of $5-$25 depending on the instructor. Please be prepared to pay this cost.
4. Learning our policies and procedures. Yes, we have that “doctor’s office” kind of stuff. We are a business and we have info you need to know about us and a contract and handbook that we need you to read and sign.
5. Payment for the first lesson. Cash or credit cards are acceptable. At the beginning of the 2nd lesson, a full month’s tuition and the Registration Fee of $25 will be due.
For a copy of our Creative Music Handbook, click below: